Here’s some one-line wisdom from the social media experts. Let’s get into it!
Establishing a Corporate Social Infrastructure
- Social media goals are not aligned to profit and therefore cannot be measured adequately
- Need to look at the lifecycle of the relationship within social media.
- Goals must be aligned internally between Departmental Goals, Corporate Goals all focused on profit
- So many companies are in utter chaos when it comes to social goals
- Metrics are not the same as Goals. Do not confuse the two.
- First Corporate problem is identifying directly profit-related Goals, Metrics tied to profit.
- Can you model the life cycle of customer interaction? That’s the key to getting to ROI
- Meaningful Business Metrics: Life Cycle = Awareness to Nurturing to Desire; then Conversion then Retention!
- Take Away: Tie all Metrics to profit; measure over Life Cycles
Creatively Social: Breaking Out of the Ordinary
- Brand Maintenance; Reputations & Crisis; Community Building; and Influence are examples of projects.
- Common elements of the Successful Creative campaign is: 1) have Fun 2) Unexpectedness 3) Participatory; 4) Cross-Media or Trans-Media
- The shift is from one way storytelling to Dynamic storytelling.
Facebook Advertising for Results and ROI
- With Facebook ads, there’s a valuable opportunity to target by demographics – take advantage instead of blasting out ads.
- If you do not know who your customer is DO NOT do Facebook Ads
- Not using Social Media to engage consumers is a mistake, even for businesses afraid of negative feedback!
- Facebook is just one channel, use a variety of Tactics, different landing Pages, TRACK IT ALL for ROI.
- Do not do Facebook or other Social IF you’re not going to be “Social” / forget broadcasting….
- Does Facebook work for B2B? Short Answer NO, use LinkedIn instead.
New Insights on Using Instagram to boost your brand exposure
- Instagram is not just a social network, it’s a Social Layer. It’s the potential behind it.
- Brands: get on Instagram early to increase your brand awareness. Get more followers and likes to get more eyes on your content with buying Instagram followers.
- Instagram Has the potential to develop a different class in the social media arena
- Instagram is like a baby. It hasn’t even started speaking let alone established its own identity.
- Search integration of Instagram has the potential to affect the need for huge critical mass. Changes the rules for gaining Internet momentum.
The Power of Twitter Chats
- Most businesses don’t realize the impact & business value of twitter chats
- All panelists have been guests on #SocialChat want the ROI of chats – you’re looking at it.
- Use it to learn how Twitter works; get your thought leadership out there
- To be successful with a Twitter Chat you have to engage with passion
- Find a topic that matters enough to your audience that they will want to spend an hour with you.
- Success breeds success; they can now “cold tweet” bloggers who see the stream and want in.
Share your thoughts in the comment box!