One Alleged Boston Marathon Bomber Dead, One Other On the Loose

Monday afternoon shortly after the first group of runners crossed the finish line at the Boston Marathon, two bombs exploded near the finish line. Reports indicated that the bombs, which were constructed from pressure cookers and utilizing powder to throw a cocktail of metal and bearings, were placed just 50 to 100 yards apart. As a result, over 100 people were injured, and a handful of people lost their lives while doing what they loved- supporting their friends, family or just fellow runners in one of the most prolific marathon races to ever exist.

Between Monday evening and Thursday afternoon, things had seemingly begun to cool off a bit. Sure, law enforcement authorities throughout the Boston area were in pursuit of hunting down the people who costs numerous people their lives as well as causing hundreds of others to wind up in the local hospitals with serious injuries. Fortunately, the police in the area received a nice break when a camera was in the right place at the right time and caught two men with black backpacks right in the area where the bombs were located.

As it turns out, the two men were brothers who came to the United States about ten years ago. A man who lived in the Boston community near them says that he has spoken with them in the past. They had reportedly told him that they did not care too much for America or its citizens and that they “didn’t understand Americans.” Of course, a lot of this stemmed from the fact that they believe the United States should not be fighting in Afghanistan as the two brothers are from a Muslim background.

Last night, things went to a new extreme. The two men reportedly went on a rampage at MIT where they wound up shooting and fatally wounding a police officer. From there, they went on a huge pursuit, which saw them stealing vehicles and shooting at other police officers. At one point, they were even throwing explosives out the window as the police were hot on their tale.

One of the suspects has been shot and killed, but the other brother is still on the loose. Police have warned people in the area to stay inside and not go to work or school until instructed otherwise. They say he is armed.

Bobby Simmons is a political news reporter and has a vast experience in covering politics. He has received recognition at high level news media and has joined to provide the same.

Share This Post

Leave a Reply

© 2019 All rights reserved. Site Admin · Entries RSS · Comments RSS
Powered by WordPress · Designed by Theme Junkie